Festival - Tues & Wed 26-27 September
Ever wished you could sing in a group like Pentatonix or the Barden Bellas from Pitch Perfect? Learn directly from Deke Sharon – the “father of contemporary a cappella". Deke has worked with everyone in a cappella from Pentatonix to Anna Kendrick. Learn the basics in Deke’s Introduction to A Cappella, right through to watching sophisticated techniques applied to live groups in the Masterclasses.
And all Festival goers will join the Festival Choir. It will rehearse during the lunch break, and be directed by Deke at the at the Festival Concert.
The Festival is over two days Tuesday and Wednesday 26 and 27 September.
- The Festival runs on Tuesday from 9.30am - 3.30pm.
- The Festival runs on Wednesday from 9.30am - 3.30pm followed by the Festival Concert from 4.45pm - 6.00pm.
- Each day will be a combination of interactive classes and workshops.
- Everyone is invited to join the Festival Choir
- Tickets are available at Trybooking for either one or both days.
- Or you can buy am. or pm. tickets at the door.
- Concert tickets also available at the door.
Tickets are now available from TryBooking
The Festival is during the first week of the term three NSW school holidays. Most other states also have holidays during this week. The Festival also coincides with Universities Australia common vacation week.
The Festival is at the Great Hall, Sydney Boys' High School, off ANZAC Parade.
- Car parking is available on site
- Regular buses on ANZAC Parade 339, 374, 377, 392 travel to/from the city. Please note, the stop for these buses is near SYDNEY GIRLS HIGH, a two or three-minute walk.
- Taxi fare to from the city around $15 depending on traffic.